2020 was a weird year. During the multiple Coronavirus lockdowns, many of us spent a lot more time scrolling through our social media feeds.
So, it should come as no surprise that almost all of the major social networks used this time of heightened activity to test out some new features.
In the new infographic below, we look at some of the biggest updates, changes and developments that made their way onto our screens in 2020!
A quick glance at the updates…
- Facebook tested a dark mode for its app
- Google launched Keen, a Pinterest competitor
- There was a big Facebook advertising boycott
- Twitter launched its new 140-second voice tweets
- Twitter AND LinkedIn both got Story functionality
- Instagram got…
- a bunch more eCommerce tools
- a full redesign
- and a new post type called Reels – a competitor to TikTok.
Check out the full infographic with more information on each below!