If you’re looking for all the best tips and tricks to help you go live on TikTok, you’ve come to the right place! The past few years, TikTok has taken the world by storm, rapidly becoming one of the most popular social platforms. With over one billion active users, it’s no surprise that businesses are turning to TikTok to build their brands.
Similarly to platforms like Instagram and Facebook, TikTok allows users to livestream themselves to their followers, interacting with their audiences in real-time, creating a more authentic and engaging experience. But going live on TikTok is not just for individuals; it’s also an important tool for brands to connect with their audience and increase their reach.
In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of going live on TikTok and provide insights into why it’s essential for brands to embrace this feature. Whether you’re a seasoned TikTok user or completely new to the platform, read on to learn how to go live on TikTok and take your social media game to the next level.
BONUS: Discover the essential TikTok statistics here!
Why is TikTok Valuable for Brands?
As we’ve already mentioned, TikTok has rapidly grown a huge, worldwide userbase that actively engages with the content posted on the platform. But outside of reaching a large group of people, there are plenty more reasons why brands should consider making TikTok part of their digital marketing strategy.
Engage with the audience in real-time
Going live on TikTok allows brands to connect with their audience in real-time, creating a more authentic and engaging experience. Brands can answer questions, respond to comments, collect feedback, and build a sense of community with their followers. By interacting with their audience, brands can gain valuable insights into their customers’ preferences, feedback, and concerns.
Build brand awareness and loyalty
Livestreaming on TikTok is an effective way for brands to increase their visibility, and reach new audiences. By providing engaging and entertaining content, brands can capture the attention of users who may not have been previously familiar with their brand. Additionally, livestreaming can help foster brand loyalty by providing a personal connection between the brand and its followers.
Showcase new products and services
TikTok livestreaming allows brands to showcase new products and services in an interactive and engaging way. Brands can demonstrate their products, answer questions, and receive feedback in real-time, which can help to build excitement and anticipation for new releases.
How to go Live on TikTok
Before you go live on TikTok, there are a few prerequisites you need to meet. Firstly, you must have at least 1,000 followers and be at least 16 years old. Secondly, your account must not have any policy violations, or restrictions in place. You can check for these in the Account Status section of your TikTok inbox.
Once you have met these requirements, follow these simple steps to start a live stream on TikTok:
- Open the TikTok app and tap the “+” button at the bottom of the screen to create a new video.
- Select “Live” from the options at the bottom of the screen.
- Add a catchy title and choose a cover image that accurately represents your live stream.
- Set your privacy settings. You can choose to make your live stream public or limit it to your followers.
- Add relevant hashtags to increase the discoverability of your live stream.
- Tap “Go Live” to start your live stream.
During your livestream, you can interact with your audience by reading and responding to comments. You can also use TikTok’s built-in features to add filters, effects, and stickers to make your stream more engaging.
Tips to Help You Thrive on Live on TikTok
Hitting the “Go Live” button is just the first step of, well, going live. Once you’re presented with hundreds, potentially thousands, of users all tuning in to hear what you’ve got to say… what do you actually say?
Below, we’ve outlined some of our favourite tips and tricks to help you make the most of going live on TikTok. Check them out!
- Plan your content in advance: Have a clear idea of what you want to talk about and what kind of content you want to share during your live stream.
- Promote your live stream in advance: Use your other social media channels to promote your live stream and encourage your followers to tune in.
- Engage with your audience: Respond to comments and questions, and encourage your viewers to participate in your live stream.
- Keep it interesting: Use TikTok’s features, such as filters, effects, and music, to make your live stream visually appealing and engaging.
- Be authentic: TikTok users appreciate authenticity, so be yourself and let your personality shine through.
How to Go Live on TikTok: The Conclusion
Going live on TikTok is a great way to engage with your audience and organically increase your reach. By following the quick and easy steps and tips above, you’ll be able to create a successful livestream that helps you achieve your marketing goals.
If you want to get up and running with TikTok but don’t know where to start, our guide on using TikTok for small businesses is here to help!