SEO or Social Media Marketing?
From our experience of working with a wide spectrum of businesses, helping them with their digital marketing, it seems that people usually feel like they need either SEO or Social Media. You have some people who swear by SEO and they put all their money and time into getting to the top of Google. Then, you have a collection of people who have zero interest in SEO and instead feel that social media is going to be the key to their digital marketing success. We want to settle this once and for all.
Use both of them. Yep, that’s right. Before you say it, we are not sitting on the fence. Combining SEO with social media is like a dream relationship. Having great social media will do wonders for your SEO and vice versa! Also, each will attract different types of traffic. This post will take a look at the benefits and downfalls of each.
- SEO can take time to be effective, you will not achieve high levels of traffic straight away. If your site is new, then Google will put you in what is called ‘the sandbox’ – meaning that you won’t be able to rank for any search terms. This will last 3 months and then you will gradually be able to rank more as times goes on.
- If you do SEO well, then you will achieve a high level of traffic. Perhaps more than you will achieve from social media.
- If you’re ranking for good terms, then the traffic you are getting should be targeted and convert quite nicely into leads or sales.
- SEO is an art form, one that is usually best left to the experts. You can learn the basics and do some yourself, but to fully appreciate the explosive effect that SEO can have – it is best to pay for it. This can be expensive.
Social Media Marketing
- Social media marketing is a time consuming activity. If you’re doing it right, then it will take up a lot of your time. This is why our social media management is so popular!
- It is relatively easy to do, just post regularly, engage with the right people and interact with everyone.
- The traffic you receive from social media will grow as your social media grows.
- The traffic you receive from social media will be of a higher quality than from SEO, as there is a good chance that the people clicking on your links will be people you’ve already established great relationships with.
- There are so many social networks that the sky is the limit with what you can achieve. If you got time, then success can be yours.
So as you can see, each method has lots of benefits and downfalls, but if you combine the two then you will achieve explosive results. Want to try both? Call us and we can make it happen.
Edited July 2020